I’d thought I’d posted about this dress but looking through I realised I’d overlooked it. I got given this amazing fabric as a gift and it was a while before I found a dress pattern that I thought would really do it justice. It’s another Burda special and works very nicely. I boned the bodice to help it keep its shape when worn.
I also made it a petticoat as well just to give the skirt a bit of body. The fabric I used is black broderie anglaise and refuse to photograph well so I’ve ended up doing a little of diagram of what I did. I used the skirt panel pieces from the dress and gave them a casing at the top for the elasticated waist. For the bottom ruffle I cut a long strip 1.5 times the length of the skirt panel. The hem finish is actually one of the fancy stitches from my sewing machine. I just trimmed up to the edge of it to get an instant decorative hem.