I’ve been trying to grip the digital art bull by the horns and really go for it with some very mixed results mainly because I lack the control I need with the mouse to achieve the fine details that I’m after.
I started off with a quick drawing of a volcanic landscape which I scanned in and then used as the basis for this. I started with roughly laying down the colours I wanted on separate layers for the background, foregound and middle-ground.
And this is where I got to…
It’s got lots of things wrong with it. I’m resonably happy with the composition, it’s just the execution that’s painful. I may very well start again especially now I’ve got a Wacom Bamboo 🙂