The anguished screams are me realising how much work I’ve got to do in how little time. I’ve spent a good part of today working on Final Piece No3 starting off from a blank piece of paper this morning.
Pastels under coating for the two brown dwarfs.
At this point I’ve done the star field splatter and put down the first layer of graphite. I’ve used paper masks to protect the two dwarfs.
…and this is the texture of the masking fluid splatter. I used a cheap tooth brush to apply this. They’re ideal as they’ve got nice stiff bristles and so produce fine. even dots.
I’ve varied the background a bit to give the idea of the galactic plain.
…and this is where I currently stand, wondering whether I should add more detail or get on with the many other little bits that I need for my sketch book.